Our friends don’t see our faults, or conceal them, or soften them.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The truth of it is, learning, like travelling, and all other methods of improvement, as it finishes good sense, so it makes a silly man ten thousand times more insufferable, by supplying variety of matter to his impertinence, and giving him an opportunity of abounding in absurdities.
- A day, an hour of virtuous liberty is worth a whole eternity in bondage.
- A perfect tragedy is the noblest production of human nature.
- Some virtues are only seen in affliction and others only in prosperity.
- A cloudy day or a little sunshine have as great an influence on many constitutions as the most recent blessings or misfortunes.
- Eternity! thou pleasing, dreadful thought.