When the senses contact sense objects, a person experiences cold or heat, pleasure or pain. These experiences are fleeting they come and go. Bear them patiently.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- That one I love who is incapable of ill will, and returns love for hatred. Living beyond the reach of I and mind, and of pain and pleasure, full of mercy, contented, self-controlled, with all his heart and all his mind given to Me — with such a one I am in love.
- The senses have been conditioned by attraction to the pleasant and aversion to the unpleasant: a man should not be ruled by them; they are obstacles in his path.
- Even as a tortoise draws in its limbs, the wise can draw in their senses at will.
- Governing sense, mind and intellect, intent on liberation, free from desire, fear and anger, the sage is forever free.
- The live in wisdom who see themselves in all and all in them, who have renounced every selfish desire and sense craving tormenting the heart.
- When you move amidst the world of sense, free from attachment and aversion alike, there comes the peace in which all sorrows end, and you life in the wisdom of the Self.