Do not give in too much to feelings. A overly sensitive heart is an unhappy possession on this shaky earth.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- All the knowledge I possess everyone else can acquire, but my heart is all my own.
- The world is so empty if one thinks only of mountains, rivers and cities; but to know someone who thinks and feels with us, and who, though distant is close to us in spirit, this makes the earth for us an inhabited garden.
- Whoever wishes to keep a secret must hide the fact that he possesses one.
- The really unhappy person is the one who leaves undone what they can do, and starts doing what they don’t understand; no wonder they come to grief.
- Enjoy what thou has inherited from thy sires if thou wouldn’t really possess it. What we employ and use is never an oppressive burden; what the moment brings forth, that only can it profit by.
- What I possess I would gladly retain. Change amuses the mind, yet scarcely profits.