The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what Fiction means.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- One should not be too severe on English novels; they are the only relaxation of the intellectually unemployed.
- Laughter is not at all a bad beginning for a friendship, and it is far the best ending for one.
- Examinations, sir, are pure humbug from beginning to end. If a man is a gentleman, he knows quite enough, and if he is not a gentleman, whatever he knows is bad for him.
- Good taste is the excuse I have given for leading such a bad life.
- It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious.
- Of course the music is a great difficulty. You see, if one plays good music, people don’t listen, and if one plays bad music people don’t talk.