There is such a thing as a man being too proud to fight.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The interesting and inspiring thing about America is that she asks nothing for herself except what she has a right to ask for humanity itself.
- One cool judgment is worth a thousand hasty counsels. The thing to do is to supply light and not heat.
- Surely a man has come to himself only when he has found the best that is in him, and has satisfied his heart with the highest achievement he is fit for.
- America lives in the heart of every man everywhere who wishes to find a region where he will be free to work out his destiny as he chooses.
- If you will think about what you ought to do for other people, your character will take care of itself. Character is a by-product, and any man who devotes himself to its cultivation in his own case will become a selfish prig.
- No thoughtful man ever came to the end of his life, and had time and a little space of calm from which to look back upon it, who did not know and acknowledge that it was what he had done unselfishly and for others, and nothing else, that satisfied him in the retrospect, and made him feel that he had played the man.