Man shall not live by bread alone.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Put a knife to thy throat, if you’re a man given to appetite.
- Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shall find it after many days.
- Stolen waters are sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant. [Proverbs 9:17]
- The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favor to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. [Ecclesiastes 9:11]
- In the sweat of thy brow shall you eat your bread.
- Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers. [1 Peter 3:7]