One should eat to live, not live to eat.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- In general, mankind, since the improvement of cookery, eats twice as much as nature requires.
- Eat to please thyself, but dress to please others.
- Beware the hobby that eats.
- What vast additions to the conveniences and comforts of living might mankind have acquired, if the money spent in wars had been employed in works of public utility; what an extension of agriculture even to the tops of our mountains; what rivers rendered navigable, or joined by canals; what bridges, aqueducts, new roads, and other public works, edifices, and improvements might not have been obtained by spending those millions in doing good, which in the last war have been spent in doing mischief.
- Would you live with ease, do what you should, and not what you please. Success has ruined many a man.
- Work as if you were to live a hundred years. Pray as if you were to die tomorrow.