How many fools does it take to make up a public?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- There are certain times when public opinion is the worst of all opinions.
- There are well-dressed foolish ideas, just as there are will-dressed fools.
- Education must have two foundations –morality as a support for virtue, prudence as a defense for self against the vices of others. By letting the balance incline to the side of morality, you only make dupes or martyrs; by letting it incline to the other, you make calculating egoists.
- Success makes success, like money makes money.
- Scandal is an importunate wasp, against which we must make no movement unless we are quite sure that we can kill it; otherwise it will return to the attack more furious than ever.
- Living is a sickness to which sleep provides relief every sixteen hours. It’s a palliative. The remedy is death.