The wise make proverbs, and fools repeat them.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- It is a wretched taste to be gratified with mediocrity when the excellent lies before us.
- There is an art of reading, as well as an art of thinking, and an art of writing.
- Romance has been elegantly defined as the offspring of fiction and love.
- Fortune, seeing that she could not make fools wise, has made them lucky.
- He who knows he who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool, shun him; He who knows not, and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him. He who knows, and knows not that he knows, is asleep, wake him. He who knows, and knows that he knows, is wise, follow him.
- There are four types of men in this world: 1. The man who knows, and knows that he knows; he is wise, so consult him. 2. The man who knows, but doesn’t know that he knows; help him not forget what he knows. 3. The man who knows not, and knows that he knows not; teach him. 4. Finally, there is the man who knows not but pretends that he knows; he is a fool, so avoid him.