The secret of forgiving everything is to understand nothing.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Forgive him, for he believes that the customs of his tribe are the laws of nature!
- Youth, which is forgiven everything, forgives itself nothing: age, which forgives itself everything, is forgiven nothing.
- I can forgive Alfred Nobel for having invented dynamite, but only a fiend in human form could have invented the Nobel Prize.
- The secret of being miserable is to have leisure to bother about whether you are happy or not. The cure for it is occupation.
- There are no secrets better kept than the secrets everybody guesses.
- The great secret, Eliza, is not having bad manners or good manners or any other particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls: in short, behaving as if you were in Heaven, where there are no third-class carriages, and one soul is as good as another.