He that waits upon fortune, is never sure of a dinner.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- He who waits upon fortune is never sure of dinner.
- Rather go to bed with out dinner than to rise in debt.
- If you can’t pay for a thing, don’t buy it. If you can’t get paid for it, don’t sell it. Do this, and you will have calm and drowsy nights, with all of the good business you have now and none of the bad. If you have time, don’t wait for time.
- To be thrown upon one’s own resources, is to be cast into the very lap of fortune; for our faculties then undergo a development and display an energy of which they were previously unsusceptible.
- Happiness consists more in small conveniences of pleasures that occur every day, than in great pieces of good fortune that happen but seldom to a man in the course of his life.
- Applause waits on success.