The fly that touches honey cannot use it’s wings; so too the soul that clings to spiritual sweetness ruins it’s freedom and hinders contemplation.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- To listen to some devout people, one would imagine that God never laughs.
- Yet, Freedom! yet thy banner, torn, but flying, streams like the thunderstorm against the wind.
- The higher one climbs on the spiritual ladder, the more they will grant others their own freedom, and give less interference to another’s state of consciousness.
- No matter what a man does, he is not fully sane or human unless there is a spirit of freedom in him, a soul unconfined by purpose and larger than the practicable world.
- If I have freedom in my love, And in my soul am free, — Angels alone that soar above, Enjoy such liberty.
- Men are free when they are in a living homeland, not when they are straying and breaking away. Men are free when they are obeying some deep, inward voice of religious belief. Obeying from within. Men are free when they belong to a living, organic, believing community, active in fulfilling some unfulfilled, perhaps unrealized purpose. Not when they are escaping to some wild west. The most unfree souls go west, and shout of freedom. Men are freest when they are most unconscious of freedom. The shout is a rattling of chains, always was.