The fly that touches honey cannot use it’s wings; so too the soul that clings to spiritual sweetness ruins it’s freedom and hinders contemplation.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- To listen to some devout people, one would imagine that God never laughs.
- Yet, Freedom! yet thy banner, torn, but flying, streams like the thunderstorm against the wind.
- We clearly realize that freedom’s inner kingdom cannot be touched by exterior attacks.
- The higher one climbs on the spiritual ladder, the more they will grant others their own freedom, and give less interference to another’s state of consciousness.
- When we let freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God’s children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of that old Negro spiritual, Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!
- That freedom came from inside, from his thoughts, from his soul; and nobody could take that from him.