Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joys, and dividing our grief.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The greatest sweetener of human life is Friendship. To raise this to the highest pitch of enjoyment, is a secret which but few discover.
- Friendships, in general, are suddenly contracted; and therefore it is no wonder they are easily dissolved.
- The friendships of the world are oft confederacies in vice, or leagues of pleasures.
- True happiness arises, in the first place, from the enjoyment of one’s self, and in the next, from the friendship and conversation of a few select companions.
- That he delights in the misery of others no man will confess, and yet what other motive can make a father cruel?
- It is the privilege of posterity to set matters right between those antagonists who, by their rivalry for greatness, divided a whole age.