Friendships, in general, are suddenly contracted; and therefore it is no wonder they are easily dissolved.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The friendships of the world are oft confederacies in vice, or leagues of pleasures.
- The greatest sweetener of human life is Friendship. To raise this to the highest pitch of enjoyment, is a secret which but few discover.
- Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joys, and dividing our grief.
- True happiness arises, in the first place, from the enjoyment of one’s self, and in the next, from the friendship and conversation of a few select companions.
- Animals, in their generation, are wiser than the sons of men; but their wisdom is confined to a few particulars, and lies in a very narrow compass.
- Books are the legacies that a great genius leaves to mankind, which are delivered down from generation to generation as presents to the posterity of those who are yet unborn.