The worst solitude is to have no real friendships.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Time is the measure of business.
- There is no comparison between that which is lost by not succeeding and that which is lost by not trying.
- Riches are a good hand maiden, but a poor mistress.
- It is a pleasure to stand upon the shore, and to see ships tost upon the sea: a pleasure to stand in the window of a castle, and to see a battle and the adventures thereof below: but no pleasure is comparable to standing upon the vantage ground of truth… and to see the errors, and wanderings, and mists, and tempests, in the vale below.
- Silence is the virtue of fools.
- A sudden bold and unexpected question doth many times surprise a man and lay him open.