Thy friendship oft has made my heart to ache; do be my enemy for friendship’s sake.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- When I tell any truth it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those who do.
- When thou seest an eagle, thou seest a portion of genius; lift up thy head!
- What is grand is necessarily obscure to weak men. That which can be made explicit to the idiot is not worth my care.
- Cruelty has a Human Heart, And jealousy a Human Face; Terror the Human Form Divine, And secrecy the Human Dress. The Human Dress is forged Iron, The Human Form a Fiery Forge, The Human Face a Furnace seal d, The Human Heart its hungry gorge.
- I was angry with my friend: I told my wrath, my wrath did end. I was angry with my foe: I told it not, my wrath did grow.
- For everything exists and not one sigh nor smile nor tear, one hair nor particle of dust, not one can pass away.