Accountability in friendship is the equivalent of love without strategy.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Real love is a pilgrimage. It happens when there is no strategy, but it is very rare because most people are strategists.
- A man can go from being a lover to being a stranger in three moves flat but a woman under the guise of friendship will engage in acts of duplicity which come to light very much later. There are different species of self-justification.
- The essence of romantic love is that wonderful beginning, after which sadness and impossibility may become the rule.
- You can never betray the people who are dead, so you go on being a public Jew; the dead can’t answer slurs, but I’m here. I would love to think that Jesus wants me for a sunbeam, but he doesn’t.
- Time misspent in youth is sometimes all the freedom one ever has.
- Great writers are the saints for the godless.