Friendship is a strong and habitual inclination in two persons to promote the good and happiness of one another. –
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The reason why we see that people of the greatest capacity are not rich, is either they despise wealth in comparison to something else, or, they are not content in getting an estate, unless they may do it in their own way, while at the same time enjoying all the pleasures and gratitude’s of life.
- Plant a seed of friendship; reap a bouquet of happiness.
- The very flexibility and ease which make men’s friendships so agreeable while they endure, make them the easier to destroy and forget. And a man who has a few friends, or one who has a dozen (if there be any one so wealthy on this earth), cannot forget on how precarious a base his happiness reposes; and how by a stroke or two of fate –a death, a few light words, a piece of stamped paper, a woman’s bright eyes –he may be left, in a month, destitute of all.
- Friendship is the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person having neither to weigh thoughts or measure words, but pouring all right out just as they are, chaff and grain together, certain that a faithful friendly hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of comfort, blow the rest away.
- Don’t flatter yourself that friendship authorizes you to say disagreeable things to your intimates. The nearer you come into relation with a person, the more necessary do tact and courtesy become.
- Of all things which wisdom provides to make life entirely happy, much the greatest is the possession of friendship.