A friend who cannot at a pinch remember a thing or two that never happened is as bad as one who does not know how to forget.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- A man’s friendships are, like his will, invalidated by marriage — but they are also no less invalidated by the marriage of his friends.
- Friendship is like money, easier made than kept.
- When the water of a place is bad it is safest to drink none that has not been filtered through either the berry of a grape, or else a tub of malt. These are the most reliable filters yet invented.
- The three most important things a man has are, briefly, his private parts, his money, and his religious opinions.
- Everyone should keep a mental wastepaper basket, and the older he grows, the more things will he promptly consign to it.
- For Wealth are all things that conduce, to one’s destruction or their use. A standard both to buy and sell, all things from heaven down to hell.