A friend is, as it were, a second self.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- What sweetness is left in life, if you take away friendship? Robbing life of friendship is like robbing the world of the sun. A true friend is more to be esteemed than kinsfolk.
- Friends are proved by adversity.
- Every man can tell how many goats or sheep he possesses, but not how many friends.
- Friendship makes prosperity brighter, while it lightens adversity by sharing its grieves and anxieties.
- Friendship is the only thing in the world concerning the usefulness of which all mankind are agreed.
- Life is nothing without friendship.