A friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- One may discover a new side to his most intimate friend when for the first time he hears him speak in public. He will be stranger to him as he is more familiar to the audience. The longest intimacy could not foretell how he would behave then
- Old friends are the great blessings of one’s later years. Half a word conveys one’s meaning. They have a memory of the same events, have the same mode of thinking. I have young relations that may grow upon me, for my nature is affectionate, but can they grow [To Be] old friends?
- Friendship is one of the sweetest joys of life. Many might have failed beneath the bitterness of their trial had they not found a friend.
- Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait to hear the answer.
- The miracle of friendship can be spoken without words… hearing unspoken needs, recognizing secret dreams, understanding the silent things that only true friend know.
- … I remember you and recall you without effort, without exercise of will; that is, by natural impulse, indicated by a sense of duty, or of obligation. And that, I take it, is the only sort of remembering worth the having. When we think of friends, and call their faces out of the shadows, and their voices out of the echoes that faint along the corridors of memory, and do it without knowing why save that we love to do it, we content ourselves that friendship is a Reality, and not a Fancy — that it is built upon a rock, and not upon the sands that dissolve away with the ebbing tides and carry their monuments with them.