A friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- … I remember you and recall you without effort, without exercise of will; that is, by natural impulse, indicated by a sense of duty, or of obligation. And that, I take it, is the only sort of remembering worth the having. When we think of friends, and call their faces out of the shadows, and their voices out of the echoes that faint along the corridors of memory, and do it without knowing why save that we love to do it, we content ourselves that friendship is a Reality, and not a Fancy — that it is built upon a rock, and not upon the sands that dissolve away with the ebbing tides and carry their monuments with them.
- The miracle of friendship can be spoken without words… hearing unspoken needs, recognizing secret dreams, understanding the silent things that only true friend know.
- Two persons cannot long be friends if they cannot forgive each other’s little failings.
- Friends will keep you sane, Love could fill your heart, A lover can warm your bed, But lonely is the soul without a mate.
- Give me work to do, Give me health, Give me joy in simple things, Give me an eye for beauty, A tongue for truth, A heart that loves, A mind that reasons, A sympathy that understands. Give me neither malice nor envy, But a true kindness And a noble common sense. At the close of each day Give me a book And a friend with whom I can be silent.
- A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one’s heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that the gentlest of hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping, and with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.