The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches but to reveal to him his own.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Two nations between whom there is no intercourse and no sympathy; who are as ignorant of each other’s habits, thoughts, and feelings, as if they were dwellers in different zones, or inhabitants of different planets. The rich and the poor.
- Books are fatal: they are the curse of the human race. Nine-tenths of existing books are nonsense, and the clever books are the refutation of that nonsense. The greatest misfortune that ever befell man was the invention of printing.
- There is moderation even in excess.
- I was told that the Privileged and the People formed Two Nations.
- I have always thought that every woman should marry — and no man.
- Conservatism discards Prescription, shrinks from Principle, disavows Progress: having reflected all respect for antiquity, it offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future.