Best friend, my well-spring in the wilderness!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Perhaps the most delightful friendships are those in which there is much agreement, much disputation, and yet more personal liking.
- Friendships begin with liking or gratitude roots that can be pulled up.
- Wear a smile and have friends; wear a scowl and have wrinkles. What do we live for if not to make the world less difficult for each other?
- To be candid, in Middlemarch phraseology, meant, to use an early opportunity of letting your friends know that you did not take a cheerful view of their capacity, their conduct, or their position; and a robust candor never waited to be asked for its opinion.
- For character too is a process and an unfolding… among our valued friends is there not someone or other who is a little too self confident and disdainful; whose distinguished mind is a little spotted with commonness; who is a little pinched here and protuberant there with native prejudices; or whose better energies are liable to lapse down the wrong channel under the influence of transient solicitations?
- Animals are such agreeable friends, they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.