Friendships begin with liking or gratitude roots that can be pulled up.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Perhaps the most delightful friendships are those in which there is much agreement, much disputation, and yet more personal liking.
- Best friend, my well-spring in the wilderness!
- Most of us who turn to any subject we love remember some morning or evening hour when we got on a high stool to reach down an untried volume, or sat with parted lips listening to a new talker, or for very lack of books began to listen to the voices within, as the first traceable beginning of our love.
- The presence of a noble nature, generous in its wishes, ardent in its charity, changes the lights for us: we begin to see things again in their larger, quieter masses, and to believe that we too can be seen and judged in the wholeness of our character.
- The beginning of compunction is the beginning of a new life.
- The beginning of an acquaintance whether with persons or things is to get a definite outline of our ignorance.