A true friend is somebody who can make us do what we can.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere. Before him, I may think aloud.
- A friend may well be reckoned the masterpiece of nature.
- Every man passes his life in the search after friendship.
- To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.
- The compensations of calamity are made apparent to the understanding also, after long intervals of time. A fever, a mutilation, a cruel disappointment, a loss of wealth, a loss of friends, seems at the moment unpaid loss, and unpayable. But the sure years reveal the deep remedial force that underlies all facts.
- The true poem is the poet’s mind.