Let me live in a house by the side of the road and be a friend to man.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Bring me men to match my mountains: Bring me men to match my plains: Men with empires in their purpose and new eras in their brains.
- The road to a friend’s house is never long.
- We shelter children for a time; we live side by side with men; and that is all. We owe them nothing, and are owed nothing. I think we owe our friends more, especially our female friends.
- Since it has been my lot to find, at every parting of the road, the helping hand of comrade kind to help me with my heavy load, And since I have no gold to give and love alone must make amends, my humble prayer is, while I live — God, make me worthy of my friends.
- Friends are as companions on a journey, who ought to aid each other to persevere in the road to a happier life.
- To say that a man is your Friend, means commonly no more than this, that he is not your enemy. Most contemplate only what would be the accidental and trifling advantages of Friendship, as that the Friend can assist in time of need by his substance, or his influence, or his counsel. Even the utmost goodwill and harmony and practical kindness are not sufficient for Friendship, for Friends do not live in harmony merely, as some say, but in melody.