There are three faithful friends, an old wife, an old dog, and ready money.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- If you would know the value of money try to borrow some.
- Money never made a man happy yet, nor will it. The more a man has, the more he wants. Instead of filling a vacuum, it makes one.
- So much for industry, my friends, and attention to one’s own business; but to these we must add frugality if we would make our industry more certainly successful. A man may, if he knows not how to save as he gets, keep his nose all his life to the grindstone, and die not worth a grout at last.
- Do good to your friends to keep them, to your enemies to win them.
- Love well, whip well.
- There never was a good war or a bad peace.