There is an electricity about a friendship relationship. We are both more relaxed and more sensitive, more creative and more reflective, more energetic and more casual, more excited and more serene. It is as though when we come in contact with our friend we enter into a different environment. ANDREW M. GREELEY
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- True friendship is never serene.
- A mirror reflects a man’s face, but what he is really like is shown by the kind of friends he chooses. [Proverbs 27:19]
- Every deed and every relationship is surrounded by an atmosphere of silence. Friendship needs no words — it is solitude delivered from the anguish of loneliness.
- Only solitary men know the full joys of friendship. Others have their family –but to a solitary and an exile his friends are everything.
- To say that a man is your Friend, means commonly no more than this, that he is not your enemy. Most contemplate only what would be the accidental and trifling advantages of Friendship, as that the Friend can assist in time of need by his substance, or his influence, or his counsel. Even the utmost goodwill and harmony and practical kindness are not sufficient for Friendship, for Friends do not live in harmony merely, as some say, but in melody.
- What sweetness is left in life, if you take away friendship? Robbing life of friendship is like robbing the world of the sun. A true friend is more to be esteemed than kinsfolk.