The first day one is a guest, the second a burden, and the third a pest.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- They that have lived a single day have lived an age.
- Liberality consists less in giving a great deal than in gifts well-timed.
- If some persons died, and others did not die, death would be a terrible affliction.
- I would not like to see a person who is sober, moderate, chaste and just say that there is no God. They would speak disinterestedly at least, but such a person is not to be found.
- A man can keep a secret better than his own. A woman her own better than others.
- There are three stages in a person’s life, birth, their life and death. They are not conscious of birth submit to death and forget to live.