The lonely one offers his hand too quickly to whomever he encounters.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- After coming into contact with a religious man I always feel I must wash my hands.
- Actual philosophers… are commanders and law-givers: they say thus it shall be!, it is they who determine the Wherefore and Whither of mankind, and they possess for this task the preliminary work of all the philosophical laborers, of all those who have subdued the past — they reach for the future with creative hand, and everything that is or has been becomes for them a means, an instrument, a hammer. Their knowing is creating, their creating is a law giving, their will to truth is — will to power. Are their such philosophers today? Have there been such philosophers? Must there not be such philosophers?
- Wit is the epitaph of an emotion.
- Does wisdom perhaps appear on the earth as a raven which is inspired by the smell of carrion?
- If a woman possesses manly virtues one should run away from her; and if she does not possess them she runs away from herself.
- I know my fate. One day there will be associated with my name the recollection of something frightful — of a crisis like no other before on earth, of the profoundest collision of conscience, of a decision evoked against everything that until then had been believed in, demanded, sanctified. I am not a man I am dynamite.