A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Don’t trust the person who has broken faith once.
- A friend should bear a friend’s infirmities, But Brutus makes mine greater than they are.
- Words are easy, like the wind; Faithful friends are hard to find.
- The friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel, but do not dull thy palm with entertainment of each new-hatched unfledged comrade.
- Friendship is constant in all other things, Save in the office and affairs of love.
- When to the sessions of sweet silent thought I summon up remembrance of things past, I sigh the lack of many a thing I sought And with old woes new wail my dear time’s waste. Then can I drown an eye (unused to flow) For precious friends hid in death’s dateless night, and weep afresh love’s long since cancelled woe, and moan the expense of many a vanished sight. Then can I grieve at grievances foregone, and heavily from woe to woe tell over the sad account of fore-bemoaned moan, Which I new pay as if not paid before. But if the while I think on thee, dear friend, all losses are restored and sorrows end.