Laughter is not at all a bad beginning for a friendship, and it is far the best ending for one.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- An acquaintance that begins with a compliment is sure to develop into a real friendship.
- Examinations, sir, are pure humbug from beginning to end. If a man is a gentleman, he knows quite enough, and if he is not a gentleman, whatever he knows is bad for him.
- When one is in love, one always begins by deceiving one’s self, and one always ends by deceiving others. That is what the world calls a romance.
- Romance should never begin with sentiment. It should begin with science and end with a settlement.
- The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what Fiction means.
- Bad artists always admire each other’s work. They call it being large-minded and free from prejudice. But a truly great artist cannot conceive of life being shown, or beauty fashioned, under any conditions other than those he has selected.