A walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Don’t trust the person who has broken faith once.
- All the world’s a stage and all the men and women merely players.
- Speak the speech, I pray you, as I pronounced it to you — tripping on the tongue; but if you mouth it, as many of your players do, I had as Leif the town-crier spoke my lines. Nor do not saw the air too much with your hand, thus, but use all gently; for in the very torrent, tempest, and as I may say, the whirlwind of your passion, you must acquire and beget a temperance that may give it smoothness.
- The very substance of the ambitious is merely the shadow of a dream.
- O comfort-killing night, image of hell, dim register and notary of shame, black stage for tragedies and murders fell, vast sin-concealing chaos, nurse of blame!
- When we are born we cry that we are come.. to this great stage of fools.