The longer I live the more keenly I feel that whatever was good enough for our fathers is not good enough for us.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- One can survive everything nowadays, except death, and live down anything except a good reputation.
- Fathers should be neither seen nor heard. That is the only proper basis for family life.
- The American father is never seen in London. He passes his life entirely in Wall Street and communicates with his family once a month by means of a telegram in cipher.
- Pardon me, you are not engaged to any one. When you do become engaged to some one, I, or your father, should his health permit him, will inform you of the fact. An engagement should come on a young girl as a surprise, pleasant or unpleasant, as the case may be. It is hardly a matter that she could be allowed to arrange for herself.
- Genius lasts longer than Beauty. That accounts for the fact that we all take such pains to over-educate ourselves.
- The only difference between a caprice and a life-long passion is that the caprice lasts a little longer.