The first and last thing required of genius is, love of the truth.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The greatest genius will never be worth much if he pretends to draw exclusively from his own resources.
- Love is an ideal thing, marriage a real thing; a confusion of the real with the ideal never goes unpunished.
- It is said, that no one is a hero to their butler. The reason is, that it requires a hero to recognize a hero. The butler, however, will probably know well how to estimate his equals.
- Whether a person shows themselves to be a genius in science or in writing a song, the only point is, whether the thought, the discovery, or the deed, is living and can live on.
- Don’t dissipate your powers; strive to concentrate them. Genius thinks it can do whatever it sees others doing, but it will surely repent of every ill-judged outlay.
- Common sense is the genius of humanity.