I put all my genius into my life; I put only my talent into my works.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius.
- I have nothing to declare except my genius.
- Genius lasts longer than Beauty. That accounts for the fact that we all take such pains to over-educate ourselves.
- No work of art ever puts forward views. Views belong to people who are not artists.
- From the point of view of literature Mr. Kipling is a genius who drops his aspirates. From the point of view of life, he is a reporter who knows vulgarity better than any one has ever known it.
- Bad artists always admire each other’s work. They call it being large-minded and free from prejudice. But a truly great artist cannot conceive of life being shown, or beauty fashioned, under any conditions other than those he has selected.