Glory is largely a theatrical concept. There is no striving for glory without a vivid awareness of an audience.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- It is the awareness of unfulfilled desires which gives a nation the feeling that it has a mission and a destiny.
- They who lack talent expect things to happen without effort. They ascribe failure to a lack of inspiration or ability, or to misfortune, rather than to insufficient application. At the core of every true talent there is an awareness of the difficulties inherent in any achievement, and the confidence that by persistence and patience something worthwhile will be realized. Thus talent is a species of vigor.
- Man is eminently a storyteller. His search for a purpose, a cause, an ideal, a mission and the like is largely a search for a plot and a pattern in the development of his life story — a story that is basically without meaning or pattern.
- The unpredictability inherent in human affairs is due largely to the fact that the by-products of a human process are more fateful than the product.
- To become different from what we are, we must have some awareness of what we are.
- To grow old is to grow common. Old age equalizes — we are aware that what is happening to us has happened to untold numbers from the beginning of time. When we are young we act as if we were the first young people in the world.