Having given us the package, do you think God will deny us the ribbon?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Evangelism as the New Testament describes it is not child’s play. Evangelism is work, often hard work. Yet it is not drudgery. It puts person in good humor, and makes him truly human.
- It is an insult to God to believe in God. For on the one hand it is to suppose that he has perpetrated acts of incalculable cruelty. On the other hand, it is to suppose that he has perversely given his human creatures an instrument — their intellect — which must inevitably lead them, if they are dispassionate and honest, to deny his existence. It is tempting to conclude that if he exists, it is the atheists and agnostics that he loves best, among those with any pretensions to education. For they are the ones who have taken him most seriously.
- All your Western theologies, the whole mythology of them, are based on the concept of God as a senile delinquent.
- I rarely speak about God. To God, yes. I protest against Him. I shout at Him. But to open a discourse about the qualities of God, about the problems that God imposes, theodicy, no. And yet He is there, in silence, in filigree.
- One is nearer God\’s Heart in a garden than anywhere else on earth.
- The most important thought that ever occupied my mind is that of my individual responsibility to God.