How far that little candle throws its beams! So shines a good dead in a naughty world.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Don’t trust the person who has broken faith once.
- Beauty is but a vain and doubtful good; a shining gloss that fadeth suddenly; a flower that dies when it begins to bud; a doubtful good, a gloss, a glass, a flower, lost, faded, broken, dead within an hour. –
- These earthly godfathers of Heaven’s lights, that give a name to every fixed star, have no more profit of their shining nights than those that walk and know not what they are.
- The world must be peopled. When I said I would die a bachelor, I did not think I should live till I were married.
- All the world’s a stage and all the men and women merely players.
- What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason, how infinite in faculty, in form and moving how express and admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like a god — the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals!