There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about nowadays saying things against one, behind one’s back, that are absolutely and entirely true.
- Thinking is the most unhealthy thing in the world, and people die of it just as they die of any other disease. Fortunately, in England at any rate, thought is not catching. Our splendid physique as a people is entirely due to our national stupidity.
- How strange a thing this is! The Priest telleth me that the Soul is worth all the gold in the world, and the merchants say that it is not worth a clipped piece of silver.
- There’s nothing in the world like the devotion of a married woman. It’s a thing no married man knows anything about.
- To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.
- To do nothing at all is the most difficult thing in the world, the most difficult and the most intellectual.