He was dull in a new way, and that made many think him great.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- No one ever became great by imitation.
- The superiority of some men is merely local. They are great because their associates are little.
- Sir, he was dull in company, dull in his closet, dull everywhere. He was dull in a new way, and that made many people think him great.
- A mere literary man is a dull man; a man who is solely a man of business is a selfish man; but when literature and commerce are united, they make a respectable man.
- By taking a second wife he pays the highest compliment to the first, by showing that she made him so happy as a married man, that he wishes to be so a second time.
- It is wonderful when a calculation is made, how little the mind is actually employed in the discharge of any profession.