No one ever became great by imitation.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The superiority of some men is merely local. They are great because their associates are little.
- He was dull in a new way, and that made many think him great.
- No man was ever great by imitation.
- Almost all absurdity of conduct arises from the imitation of those who we cannot resemble.
- If your determination is fixed, I do not counsel you to despair. Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance.
- I have always considered it as treason against the great republic of human nature, to make any man’s virtues the means of deceiving him.