Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Fish and guests smell at three days old.
- No one can be so welcome a guest that he will not annoy his host after three days.
- The first day, a guest; the second, a burden; the third, a pest.
- I should have no objection to go over the same life from its beginning to the end: requesting only the advantage authors have, of correcting in a second edition the faults of the first.
- Were it offered to my choice, I should have no objection to a repetition of the same life from its beginning, only asking the advantages authors have in a second edition to correct some faults in the first.
- Human felicity is produced not as much by great pieces of good fortune that seldom happen as by little advantages that occur every day.