A habit cannot be tossed out the window; it must be coaxed down the stairs a step at a time.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Habit is habit, and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.
- To stop smoking is the easiest thing I ever did. I ought to know; I’ve done it a thousand times.
- A big leather-bound volume makes an ideal razor strap. A thin book is useful to stick under a table with a broken caster to steady it. A large, flat atlas can be used to cover a window with a broken pane. And a thick, old-fashioned heavy book with a clasp is the finest thing in the world to throw at a noisy cat.
- Do something every day that you don’t want to do. This is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain.
- Nothing so needs reforming as other people’s habits.
- It is a time when one’s spirit is subdued and sad, one knows not why; when the past seems a storm-swept desolation, life a vanity and a burden, and the future but a way to death.