Happiness depends upon ourselves.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Happiness is a sort of action.
- Happiness is activity.
- If happiness is activity in accordance with excellence, it is reasonable that it should be in accordance with the highest excellence.
- All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth.
- Beauty depends on size as well as symmetry. No very small animal can be beautiful, for looking at it takes so small a portion of time that the impression of it will be confused. Nor can any very large one, for a whole view of it cannot be had at once, and so there will be no unity and completeness.
- They [Young People] have exalted notions, because they have not been humbled by life or learned its necessary limitations; moreover, their hopeful disposition makes them think themselves equal to great things — and that means having exalted notions. They would always rather do noble deeds than useful ones: Their lives are regulated more by moral feeling than by reasoning — all their mistakes are in the direction of doing things excessively and vehemently. They overdo everything — they love too much, hate too much, and the same with everything else.