The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts: therefore, guard accordingly, and take care that you entertain no notions unsuitable to virtue and reasonable nature.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Remember that very little is needed to make a happy life.
- Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.
- To understand the true quality of people, you must look into their minds, and examine their pursuits and aversions.
- Observe constantly that all things take place by change, and accustom thyself to consider that the nature of the Universe loves nothing so much as to change the things which are, and to make new things like them.
- Always observe how ephemeral and worthless human things are. Pass then through this little space of time conformably to nature, and end thy journey in content, just as an olive falls off when it is ripe, blessing nature who produced it, and thanking the tree on which it grew.
- Loss is nothing else but change, and change is Nature’s delight.