The really happy man never laughs — seldom — though he may smile. He does not need to laugh, for laughter, like weeping is a relief of mental tension — and the happy are not over strung.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- As happy a man as any in the world, for the whole world seems to smile upon me!
- Realize that true happiness lies within you. Waste no time and effort searching for peace and contentment and joy in the world outside. Remember that there is no happiness in having or in getting, but only in giving. Reach out. Share. Smile. Hug. Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.
- The happiest people are those who think the most interesting thoughts. Those who decide to use leisure as a means of mental development, who love good music, good books, good pictures, good company, good conversation, are the happiest people in the world. And they are not only happy in themselves, they are the cause of happiness in others.
- Do you want my one-word secret of happiness — It’s growth — mental, financial, you name it.
- But O, how bitter a thing it is to look into happiness through another man’s eyes.
- A man is happy so long as he chooses to be happy and nothing can stop him.