The really happy man never laughs — seldom — though he may smile. He does not need to laugh, for laughter, like weeping is a relief of mental tension — and the happy are not over strung.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The happiest people are those who think the most interesting thoughts. Those who decide to use leisure as a means of mental development, who love good music, good books, good pictures, good company, good conversation, are the happiest people in the world. And they are not only happy in themselves, they are the cause of happiness in others.
- Do you want my one-word secret of happiness — It’s growth — mental, financial, you name it.
- No burden is so heavy for a man to bear as a succession of happy days.
- The loss of wealth is loss of dirt, as sages in all times assert; The happy man’s without a shirt.
- Happiness consists more in small conveniences of pleasures that occur every day, than in great pieces of good fortune that happen but seldom to a man in the course of his life.
- It is the chiefest point of happiness that a man is willing to be what he is.