Holiness, not happiness, is the chief end of man.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- When a man gets to despair he knows that all his thinking will never get him out. He will only get out by the sheer creative effort of God. Consequently he is in the right attitude to receive from God that which he cannot gain for himself.
- The dearest friend on earth is a mere shadow compared to Jesus Christ.
- Faith is deliberate confidence in the character of God whose ways you may not understand at the time.
- We look upon the enemy of our souls as a conquered foe, so he is, but only to God, not to us.
- Earnestness is not by any means everything; it is very often a subtle form of pious pride because it is obsessed with the method and not with the Master.
- Character in a saint means the disposition of Jesus Christ persistently manifested.