Holiness, not happiness, is the chief end of man.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- When a man gets to despair he knows that all his thinking will never get him out. He will only get out by the sheer creative effort of God. Consequently he is in the right attitude to receive from God that which he cannot gain for himself.
- We look upon the enemy of our souls as a conquered foe, so he is, but only to God, not to us.
- When it is a question of God’s almighty Spirit, never say, I can’t.
- We say, sorrow, disaster, calamity. God says, chastening and it sounds sweet to him though it is a discord to our ears. Don’t faint when you are rebuked, and don’t despise the chastening of the Lord. In your patience possess your souls.
- The dearest friend on earth is a mere shadow compared to Jesus Christ.
- A good book, in the language of the book-sellers, is a salable one; in that of the curious, a scarce one; in that of men of sense, a useful and instructive one.