Such happiness as life is capable of comes from the full participation of all our powers in the endeavor to wrest from each changing situations of experience its own full and unique meaning.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- We cannot seek or attain health, wealth, learning, justice or kindness in general. Action is always specific, concrete, individualized, unique.
- Education is a social process. Education is growth. Education is, not a preparation for life; education is life itself.
- The aim of education should be to teach us rather how to think, than what to think — rather to improve our minds, so as to enable us to think for ourselves, than to load the memory with the thoughts of other men.
- Skepticism: the mark and even the pose of the educated mind.
- The good man is the man who, no matter how morally unworthy he has been, is moving to become better.
- Every great advance in science has issued from a new audacity of imagination.