Happiness is a perfume which you cannot pour on someone without getting some on yourself.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- I look on that man as happy, who, when there is question of success, looks into his work for a reply.
- Happiness is perfume, you can’t pour it on somebody else without getting a few drops on yourself
- The crowning fortune of a man is to be born to some pursuit which finds him employment and happiness, whether it be to make baskets, or broadswords, or canals, or statues, or songs.
- Manners are the happy way of doing things; each once a stroke of genius or of love –now repeated and hardened into usage. They form at last a rich varnish, with which the routine of life is washed, and its details adorned. If they are superficial, so are the dewdrops which give such depth to the morning meadows.
- It is a happy talent to know how to play.
- The adventitious beauty of poetry may be felt in the greater delight with a verse given in a happy quotation than in the poem.